- Dave Baxter - You know how you find a song you like and then you start digging into everything else they wrote and then all of the sudden you're in a music black hole? That's what I've been doing since hearing Whispers for the first time earlier this week. First I downloaded his EP Let It Go and I did it for free, cause he totally has it available on his website here (FREE I TELL YOU!). Then I started buying music by his band Avalanche City, because once you go down the rabbit hole, keep following it down man.
- Veronica Mars - I don't have to explain that I was kind of obsessed with everything on The WB and UPN in my earlier years right? It's just something we're going to accept and not mock. Well imagine my excitement when the Kickstarter started to raise money for a Veronica Mars movie. You better believe that I donated to it. I'll be wearing my T-shirt with great pride.
- Love is Blindness by Jack White - I just can't you guys. This song is so good, I just can't handle it. And I'm a harsh critic when it comes to others covering U2, but this is just great.
- #apageaday - I started trying to write a page a day (more close to 300 words) for 30 days. I'm currently 3 days into it. So far so good. This might actually also result in me writing more here on the blog, but let's not go crazy.
- One of my favorite quotes from Roger Ebert in his handwriting on a Post It Note: "There is no need to pity me. Look how happy I am. This has lead to an explosing of writing".
- People I know personally are just creating amazing things. First up is my friend Crymson who opened up her own Etsy shop for her french beaded flowers. Seriously look how amazing her stuff is here. Her mom also has been creating the most amazing paintings and I was even the subject of one of them.
- Speaking of Kickstarter, I've haven't pulled the trigger, but I kind of want to buy this kit to buy a kit to make my own pinhole camera.
- The One Fund and Salvation Army for West, Texas - Generally speaking this week has sucked. I always have that hopeless feeling that comes after seeing tragedy. There's no solution or cure, but I hope in some little way this helps even if just momentarily.
What are you obsessing over?